Thanks for your purchase. Please find below the building guide for the Treasure TYPE-9 ( Series III )
- 1 x Treasure® TYPE-9 (Series III) case in Brass or Aluminum
- 1 x Metal Plate
- 1 x TYPE-9 PCB ( USB-C )
- 2 x Custom Molded Foot (Silicone)
- 1 x USB-C to USB-A cable
- 1 x Cleaning Cloth ( Brass versions only )
- 4 x Screws and 1x mini screwdriver
- Quick start guide
- Weight : 150gr / 5.29oz ( Aluminum version )
- Weight : 360gr / 12.4oz ( Brass versions )
Tools and items you need
- Switches ( Cherry MX type ) The PCB is compatible with both 3pin and 5pin switches
- Optional : Phillips PH00 Screwdriver
⚠️ If anything is missing, please let us know immediately and we'll supply it as soon as possible.
- Install PCB into the case
- Install plate over PCB, Attach plate to the case using 4x M2x9mm screws For orientation, the top right round notch of the plate must be located at the position of the USB port)
- Insert switches into the plate (switches not included)
- Install the keycaps
- Connect the TYPE-9 to your computer
with the USB-C Cable
VIA Programming Guide
- Open "VIA CONFIGURATOR" ( https://www.usevia.app/)
⚠️ You need to use a compatible web browser ( Chrome, Edge ) to use the online VIA configuator tool.
It is also possible to download the VIA desktop application here : https://github.com/the-via/releases/releases
- Download the TYPE-9 Series III configuration "Json file" here : VIA JSON FILE
- Once you have downloaded the JSON file, turn on the "Show Design tab" in the "Settings" tab of VIA. (If it's already on, skip this step.)
- Go to the "Design" tab and load the JSON file :
- It should show the following if the file is loaded correctly
- Go to the "Configuration" Tab to configure the keyboard
This is the default layout the first time you start the keyboard. It allows to test typing, media control and backlight.
In order to put the keyboard in DFU (Bootloader) Mode, you have to press the keys highlighted in orange in this following order. It is also possible to reset by pushing the button on the back of the keyboard.